Prostokvasha

[13 August, 2009]

moving forward

Your momma told you that you're not supposed to talk to strangers
Look in the mirror tell me do you think your life's in danger here, ya
No more tears


I'll start you off with an Ozzy lyric because I am just that pumped!

The psychology conference in Toronto was exactly what I needed to reassure myself on my professional path. I know this is what conferences are for: to network, to discern, to soul-search. And man, was it a good time for that. I am not great at meeting people or at selling myself, but I really put an effort into my presentation this time. Mostly because I really cared. I really cared to meet all these great psychologists, some of whom are using the same methodology but with people in New York, some of whom are advocating for mental health policy in Eastern Europe. And did you know that psychologists can work at the UN? Before all this, I was feeling trapped in my possible career, thinking that I would have to swear loyalty to American organizations. Who knew that there was this extensive and powerful international web already in place? And now I am almost drunk with the possibilities!

That is, if I ever sit my ass down to write my Master's proposal.

0 sighs or salutations:

Post a Comment