Prostokvasha

[08 December, 2010]

no homecoming

The seasons here are just the opposite of what I am used to. I've only lived in places where summers are hot and muggy, falls are rapid decreases in temperature, winters are dry and frigid, and springs are pleasant, blooming, and inviting. Now switch the names of the seasons with those 6 months apart while leaving the descriptives and you get the year's cycle in the Bay Area. Yes: summers are cold and cloudy, falls are sunny and mild, winters are humid and rainy, and springs seem like uncertain times between the coolness of December and the coolness of July. My first year here I thought I may have accidentally moved to the Southern Hemisphere, it being opposite-season land. I don't know if I've yet found my way back up to the Northern one, mentally.

0 sighs or salutations:

Post a Comment