Prostokvasha

[05 February, 2008]

Super Tuesday


Today, for the first time ever, I voted. This is one of the awesome advantages of now being a US citizen, and it feels good to cast my two cents out there, rather than just fume from the sidelines as before. I figured next year in California my vote won't count for much, so this was my chance to let my voice be heard. With a race this close for the Democrats, it seemed just as important to choose the right forerunner. Not that it mattered all that much in the end; Obama won Connecticut anyway.

It's not that I dislike him. Clearly, any anomaly in the next election would be equally system-shattering, and I don't want another rich white guy to win. However, no matter how eloquent and inspirational his speeches sound, I just think he is too young and inexperienced to lead this enraged out-of-control country. It's a wild beast to tame, and it needs someone who has tamed wild beasts before. Sure, he doesn't have all the political baggage of Hillary, but to me, that also means he doesn't have the wisdom. Maybe he should wait a few elections; he's young, his time to shine will come.

Others worry about the powerful Bill-Hillary dynasty. But really, what's the worst that can come of it? We already know Bill is a smart leader; their partnership can only be beneficial in this critical time. And I mean, look at how cute they are:

Ultimately though, I think if Hillary wins, she will surely pick Obama to be her VP, and together, they would be an unbeatable revolutionary team. On the other hand, if Obama wins, Hillary would probably stay in the Senate, and we would lose out on the knowledge and experience of one great politician.

Hillary, you are my girl!

0 sighs or salutations:

Post a Comment