Prostokvasha

[31 May, 2008]

Singleness of heart

I just realized that last night was the last night I was going to spend alone as a single person. I didn't do anything special to celebrate, just indulged in some "Sex and the City" episodes in bed and rolled over to position myself diagonally over the full-sized mattress for some blissful uninterrupted single sleep. I then woke up at 11:30 a.m. and luxuriously allowed myself to lounge in the middle of my warm and fluffy covers, before finally getting up to move more boxes.

My life at the beach house is coming to an end, and with it my single life as well. For the next two weeks, I'll be staying with J, along with 3 other roommates, all our crap blending together as piles and boxes collapse and collide. And after that, our knot will be tied, so to speak. I'd like to think I'm prepared for a lot of aspects of marriage, but god, will I miss falling asleep and waking up alone.

0 sighs or salutations:

Post a Comment