Prostokvasha

[01 March, 2009]

but dust

Can you believe it's March already? I know, I know, me neither.

Here are a few things I wanted to say about last Wednesday, it being Ash Wednesday. Just something that, despite total brain exhaustion, made me smile throughout the day:

- I know we are in a drought, and all this rain has been good for nature, but heck. It was damn nice to see the sunshine and not have to wear all that water-resistant gear.
- A yellow plastic turtle ring a friend in my program gave me. It's from the $0.25 machines on the street on her way to school, and she thought of me in passing it. It has an "adjustable" (as much as plastic is... well, plastic) band and fits on my ring finger. I wore it all day, even on my evening commute, and it never ceased to make me happy.
- Girls making out in front of the church building, after which one of them entered the church for the Ash Wednesday service.
- Ash Wednesday service which revitalized in me the Lenten traditions of prayer, penitence, almsgiving and self-denial. I am ready to be moved.

And there you have it. Happy week to you; I hope you find the time to smile because it's a beautiful beautiful world.

0 sighs or salutations:

Post a Comment