Prostokvasha

[08 April, 2009]

oy

You know, graduate school must be very similar to caring for a newborn. Of course, I might be biting my tongue in the future regarding this, when/(if) I ever actually have one of my own, but this makes sense to me right now, at 2.04 in the morning. I mean, as with a child, you think about it every waking moment; it consumes your mind, your memory, your physical energy. You worry about it at breakfast, you rework something about it in the shower, you prepare notes on the commute, you sit through hours and hours of lecture, you spend evenings typing up research ideas, you spend nights deconstructing theories. It exhausts you, it infuriates you, it gives you great pleasure. It is your pride and joy.

And maybe one day, it'll even support you in your old age.

0 sighs or salutations:

Post a Comment