Prostokvasha

[20 January, 2008]

One song

It is a constant struggle for me to maintain faith in humanity. Or rather, faith that despite humanity's utterly and undeniably fucked up nature, there is a reason to keep on. I am not depressed in a clinical, low self-esteem, down-for-no-reason sense, but I do often question the purpose of it all. I know this sounds silly and something that most people simply ignore in order to lead normal lives, but I just can't help it! Seriously! I am that person who lies awake at night, genuinely weighted by the world's problems, feeling like the joke's on her.

This Martin Luther King Day though is a good time for introspection. I am honestly so thankful for all his inspiration. His passion, willingness, and actions restore that drive in me to use my energy toward social change. Even if ever so slightly.

This weekend, Jeremy and I saw Adam Pascal in concert. And all I have to say is WOW. I first fell in love with his voice as Roger in Rent, but his solo career just reconfirmed that love for me. He brings charisma to the stage, and his voice is so rock-n-roll and serenading all at once. A good time was had by all.

P.S. Is anyone else distraught over the fact that Rent is ending on Broadway? I feel like a little part of me will die on June 1st, but that just means that I have to go see it a few more times before then!

0 sighs or salutations:

Post a Comment